An easy cocktail recipe for a
The famous classic drink with lemon juice and soda water
- 4 parts whisky
- 3 parts lemon juice
- 1 part sugar syrup
- sparkling water (soda water)
- ice cubes
- tumbler (old-fashioned glass)
How to mix a Brandy Sour
For a Whisky Sour cocktail put cognac, lemon juice and sugar syrup along with several ice cubes in a shaker and shake well. Then strain into a tumbler (old-fashioned glass) and garnish with a lemon slice.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- According to the original recipe (which is the one on this page) Sours are served without ice cubes in the glass. Nevertheless more and more bars will serve you the Sour in a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Always try to use fresh squeezed lime juice for the Whisky Sour. Using fresh juices is key to preparing classic cocktails with a great taste. There´s at least 1 oz. (= 3 cl) of juice in every lemon.
- Find more even more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.