An easy cocktail recipe for a
The Tequila version of the classic sour cocktail
- 4 parts cognac (brandy)
- 3 parts lemon juice
- 1 part sugar syrup
- sparkling water (soda water)
- ice cubes
- tumbler (old-fashioned glass)
How to mix a Tequila Sour
For a Tequila Sour cocktail put tequila, lemon juice and sugar syrup along with several ice cubes in a shaker and shake well. Then strain into a tumbler (old-fashioned glass) and garnish with a lemon slice.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- According to the original recipe (which is the one on this page) Sours are served without ice cubes in the glass. Nevertheless more and more bars will serve you the Sour in a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Always try to use fresh squeezed lime juice for the Tequila Sour. Using fresh juices is key to preparing classic cocktails with a great taste. There´s at least 1 oz. (= 3 cl) of juice in every lemon.
- A more classic version of the Sour is the Brandy Sour
- Find more even more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.