An easy cocktail recipe for a
Sex on the Beach
The popular vodka cocktail with peach liqueur
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part peach liqueur (e.g. Pecher Mignon)
- 2 parts cranberry juice
- 2 parts pineapple juice
- ice cubes
- highball glass
How to mix a Sex on the Beach
For a Sex on the Beach cocktail combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Shake and strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- Cranberry juice and peach liqueur are the key ingredients for this cocktail. While very popular in the US, cranberry juice is difficult to get in many countries. That’s why you will find all kinds of variants of this drink when ordering it in different countries.
- The recipe originated in Florida and dates back to the 1980s.
- Did you know that due to its name “Sex on the Beach” this cocktail is one of the most ordered drinks in bars? It’s easy to remember and might help some people start interesting conversations. Nevertheless, bartenders worldwide generally don’t regard this drink as one of the greats. Mix one and decide for yourself if you like the drink or if you’re able to improve the recipe!
- Find more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.