An easy cocktail recipe for a
The popular Caribbean cocktail with a pink twist
- 5 parts rum
- 1 part cassis liqueur (creme de cassis)
- 5 parts orange juice
- 5 parts grapefruit juice
- 2 parts cream of coconut
- 2 parts cream
- ice cubes, crushed ice
- hurricane glass (if you don’t have one: highball glass)
How to mix a Pink Colada
For a Pink Colada cocktail fill a fancy glass or longdrink glass with crushed ice. Mix all ingredients with ice cubes in a shaker and strain into the glass (the ice cubes stay in the shaker). Garnish with pineapple slice and cocktail cherry.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- This recipe along with the Swimming Pool and the Pink Flamingo are one of the most popular variations of the classic Piña Colada recipe. The Pink Colada tastes a bit more like fruits with the orange juice and the interesting berry note.
- Whenever possible, use fresh squeezed orange juice when mixing. There´s at least 1 1/2 oz. (= 4,5 cl = 1 shot) of juice in every orange.
- Find more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.