An easy cocktail recipe for a
The brandy cocktail with orange juice and soda water
- 4 parts cognac (brandy)
- 5 parts orange juice
- 1 dash of lemon juice
- 1 part sugar syrup
- sparkling water (soda water)
- if you like: couple of dashes of dark rum
- ice cubes and crushed ice
- tumbler (old-fashioned glass)
How to mix an Orange Punch
For an Orange Punch stir all ingredients along with several ice cubes in a glass. Fill a tumbler (old-fashioned glass) three-quarters full of crushed ice, and add the drink (the ice cubes remain in the glass used for stiring). Fill up with soda and add some dashes of dark rum if you like the aroma of it. Garnish with different fruits.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- Whenever possible, use fresh squeezed orange and lemon juice. There´s at least 1 1/2 oz. (= 4,5 cl = 1 shot) of juice in every orange and at least 1 oz. (3 cl) in every lemon.
- Find more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.