An easy cocktail recipe for a
The strong classic cocktail with whisky
- 3 parts of whisky
- a cube of sugar
- two dashes of Angostura bitters
- water (without soda)
- an orange, lemon and cocktail cherries
- ice cubes
- tumbler (old-fashioned glass)
How to mix an Old Fashioned
For an Old Fashioned cocktail put the cube of sugar into a tumbler, add the bitters, some water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Then add the whisky, ice cubes and stir well. Put a slice of orange, a slice of lemon and some cocktail cherries in the glass and quickly serve the Old Fashioned.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- There’s not much knowledge about who invented this recipe but it’s widely agreed that this cocktail originated during the 2nd half of the 19th century in the US.
- This cocktail is something for the eye as well. Make sure to get the garnish for this recipe and serve the drink with small slices of orange and lemon and a cocktail cherry in the glass. Instead of orange and lemon slices you can also use an orange and lemon peel and add it to the drink.
- Find more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.