An easy cocktail recipe for a
The authentic cocktail with vermouth and Campari
- 1 part Gin
- 1 part sweet vermouth (e.g. Martini Rosso)
- 1 part Campari
- ice cubes
- tumbler (old-fashioned glass)
How to mix a Negroni
For an Arranco cocktail shake the ingredients along with some ice cubes in a shaker. Put several ice cubes in a tumbler (old-fashioned glass). Then strain (ice cubes used for shaking stay in the shaker) the drink over the ice cubes into the tumbler. Garnish with orange twist. Twist the orange peel above the glass before adding it to the drink.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- The Negroni cocktail is a true classic and you will find it on every decent cocktail bar’s menu.
- As a variant of the drink add some soda water. The authentic recipe serves a small glass of soda water on the side.
- The drink dates back to the 1920s and was invented at Casoni Bar in Florence, Italy.
- Find more even more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.