An easy cocktail recipe for a
The classic cocktail from New York with Whisky
- 2 parts whisky
- 1 part red vermouth (z.B. Martini Rosso)
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- ice cubes
- cocktail glass
How to mix a Manhattan
For a Manhattan cocktail put the ingredients in a bar glass along with some ice cubes and stir well. Strain the drink into a cocktail glass (the ice cubes remain in the bar glass you used for stirring). Put a cocktail cherry in the glass and serve.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- This is truly a classic cocktail in the actual meaning of the word cocktail: strong, few ingredients, bitter taste.
- Besides the Martini Cocktail the recipe for a Manhattan is considered to be one of the most important classic cocktails. Invented in 1870 in New York, this cocktail recipe is one of the oldest drinks you can still order in any decent bar around the globe. Make sure to try it at least once in your lifetime.
- Find more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.