An easy cocktail recipe for a
The Cocktail with African Marula fruit liqueur
- 2 parts Amarula Wild Fruit Cream
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part curacao triple sec
- 6 parts orange juice
- ice cubes
- hurricane glass (if you don’t have one: highball glass)
How to mix a Kilimanjaro
For a Kilimanjaro cocktail fill a fancy glass or highball glass with ice cubes. Mix all ingredients with ice cubes in a shaker and strain into the glass (the ice cubes you used for mixing the ingredients stay in the shaker). Put an orange slice and a cocktail cherry in the glass and quickly serve the Kilimanjaro cocktail.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- Amarula Wild Fruit Cream is a popular liqueur based on the marula fruit from Africa. You will recognize the bottle with an elephant on the label. There’s a good reason for that label: elephants love to eat that fruit. Elephants even get drunk when they eat too much of the ripe, fermented fruits that have fallen of the marula tree.
- Whenever possible, use fresh squeezed orange juice for the Kilimanjaro. There´s at least 1 1/2 oz. (= 4,5 cl = 1 shot) of juice in every orange.
- Find more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.