An easy cocktail recipe for a
The famous whiskey cocktail with whipped cream
- 1 part Whiskey
- 4 parts hot coffee
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- whipped cream
- Irish-Coffee glass or a regular glass for hot drinks
How to mix a Irish Coffee
For a Irish Coffee cocktail put the whiskey (genuine Irish whiskey if possible) and sugar in the glass. Add hot coffee and put some slightly whipped cream on top of the drink.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- The recipe originated in Ireland in the 1940s. A restaurant of the Foynes Airport (which now is the Shannon International Airport) in western Ireland close to the city of Limerick invented the drink and served it to passengers waiting for their transatlantic flight to America. The airport was regularly used to fill the planes with fuel before their long flight across the Atlantic.
- The right way to drink this tasty winter cocktail is without stirring the cream too much. Drink the hot Irish Coffee through the cool whipped cream. Don’t mix the cream with the coffee.
- Find more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.