An easy cocktail recipe for a
The famous hot cocktail with Gin and lemon juice
- 1 part lemon juice
- 1 part sugar syrup
- 2 parts gin
- hot water
- slice of lemon, cloves, cinnamon stick
- glass for hot drinks or a mug
How to mix a Hot Toddy
For a Hot Toddy cocktail put all the ingredients in a glass and fill up with hot water. Stir slightly and serve this great hot winter cocktail.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- A Hot Toddy is a mixture of a spirit (Gin in this case, but also Whisky or others), honey and hot water. Spices are added according to personal preferences. Some believe this mixture to relief symptoms of a cold. It’s a popular drink in Scotland and there also referred to as Hot Whisky.
- Always try to use fresh squeezed lemon juice for cocktails. Using fresh juices is key to preparing classic cocktails with a great taste. There´s at least 1 oz. (= 3 cl) of juice in every lemon.
- Find more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.