An easy cocktail recipe for a
The famous classic cocktail with lime juice
- 3 parts rum
- 1 part lime juice
- 1 part sugar syrup
- ice cubes
- cocktail glass
How to mix a Daiquiri
For a Daiquiri cocktail shake all ingredients well with some ice cubes in a shaker. Strain into a cocktail glass (the ice cubes stay in the shaker). Put a lemon slice in the glass.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- Always try to use fresh squeezed lime juice for the Daiquiri. Using fresh juices is key to preparing classic cocktails with a great taste. There´s at least 1/2 oz. (= 1,5 cl) of juice in each lime.
- The Daiquiri is one of the most popular cocktails in the US. The history of the recipe is not entirely clear. For sure it is a recipe from Cuba.
- Most likely the recipe was invented by American miners towards the end of the 19th century. At that time it was difficult to get imported Bourbon. And Daiquiri is the name of a village next to the mines.
- According to a different story the American Engineer Jennings Cox invented the recipe. He lived in Cuba and ran out of Gin for his American guests. That’s when he picked some limes that grew in his backyard, squeezed them, mixed the juice with sugar and added some Rum he had at home.
- This is truly a classic cocktail. But another cocktail that is also a classic drink by now is based on it. It’s slightly more refreshing and it’s the famous Mojito recipe!
- Find more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.