An easy cocktail recipe for a
The popular hangover cocktail with vodka and tomato juice
- 2 parts vodka
- 1 part lime juice
- tomato juice
- a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- a couple of dashes of Tabasco
- salt and pepper
- ice cubes
- highball glass (longdrink glass)
How to mix a Bloody Mary
For a Bloody Mary cocktail shake the ingredients along with some ice cubes in a shaker. Then strain (ice cubes used for shaking stay in the shaker) into the glass. Garnish with celery rod.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- Using fresh juices is key to preparing classic cocktails with a great taste. Whenever possible, use freshly squeezed lemon juice. There´s at least 1 oz. (3 cl) in every lemon.
- The Bloody Mary was invented during a long cold winter night in 1920 at the bar of the St. Regis Sheraton in New York. The bartender was Ferdinand L. Petiot.
- Try the drink with more or less Tabasco and Worshestershiresauce and find the ratio you like best.
- This cocktail has become popular as a hangover cocktail to drink for breakfast after a long night.
- Find more even more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.