An easy cocktail recipe for a
Batida de Mel
The sweet lime drink with Cachaça
- 1 part cachaca
- 1 part lime syrup (e.g. rose’s lime juice)
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ice cubes
- tumbler (old-fashioned glass)
How to mix a Batida de Mel
For a Batida de Mel cocktail quarter the lime, put the quarters in a tumbler (old-fashioned glass) and squeeze them. Fill the glass with ice cubes, add the cachaca and stir carefully. Top with a teaspoon of lemon and serve.
Bartender’s tips and advice
- This cocktail is a variant of the popular Caipirinha. While the Caipirinha is mixed with sugar (very fine white sugar in Brazil, brown cane sugar in many other countries) this recipe uses honey. Try this recipe to give your Caipirinha a slightly different aroma.
- Don’t confound fresh lime juice with lime juice syrup. Lime juice is pure fruit juice, while lime juice syrup is made of lime juice, water and sugar. The problem for all the confusion: a famous lime juice syrup is called “Rose’s Lime Juice” although it definitely is a syrup!
- Find more even more tips and interesting facts in the bartenders guide.